Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 17


I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I'm happy to be out of green bean season. I love them, but I was running out of things to do with them. I was almost starting to (gasp) get tired of them. This week I got one of my favorite varieties of squash. And a Mystery Asian Green. OK, so this CSA gives names to it's produce not always seen in American supermarkets, so at least I can figure out what to do with it...

This week's haul:
1 Delicata squash
1 lb Keuka Gold potatoes
0.75 lb cauliflower (small heads)
1 broccoli
1 head lettuce
1 red cabbage
2 red onions
2 yellow onions
1 bunch arugula
1 bunch mizuna
4lbs apples (I think they're Jonagolds...)
(There are also two heads of German red garlic that I picked up at the farmer's market in the photo).

Here's the mizuna. It's an Asian green, related to mustard greens that can be eaten raw or cooked. Maybe a soba salad with this and red onion and tofu?


Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go turn some of my amazing produce into delicious finger foods for my party this evening.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that you've been getting apples! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...