Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 19



Only three more CSA distributions after this week! It's hard to believe the CSA season (and my little experiment in food/recipe blogging) is almost at an end. And then starts months and months of winter squashes, potatoes, and all of the things I've canned. Maybe the blogging will continue, but my cooking will probably go back to being a little less exciting. There will certainly be fewer posts per week.

But let's not dwell on that.

It's fall! And I'm leaving in a little while to go apple picking.


This week's haul:
1 lb. red potatoes
1 bunch baby bok choy
2 red peppers
2 heads of garlic
1/2 lb. salad mix
1 red cabbage
1 lb. purple carrots
1 delicata squash
1 bunch Japanese turnips
2 lbs Empire apples
2 lbs Gala apples



I love the colors that have been showing up now that it's fall. Not just the leaves--the produce too. A few months ago, everything was green. Now there are reds and purples and oranges. So many textures and flavors and varieties of vegetables. The only thing missing...a nice big eggplant.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sam the red cabbage and the garlic are beautiful! I wish we got garlic in our box!

    PS. i hope you keep blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is quite the CSA spread! I'm definitely getting sad at the thought of getting my produce at the grocery store again...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...